Sharon Kenny, TheMatchMaker.ie (yes, changed to this fab name I just got)..
I am getting calls all w.e. about dating on line and trusting guys and girls! It is very scary the amount who meet up with strangers and don’t tell anyone.
I meet clients out all the time who are interested in my Dating Agency from the point of view that I have met all my clients and safely is paramount.
We all know to tell someone where we are going and who we are meeting.
I am doing this for four years and last week, I even got layed back with someone who was concerned about Private and Confidential. He was a business man. He was coming up from the Midlands and asked to meet half way in Blessington. We agreed a place and he felt people might know him. Last minute he suggested meeting in a car park beside the lakes. It was a beautiful day and I thought, ok…I could do his profile there. I then informed my partner, as I always do. My partner said “are you mad?”
My point is, I am doing this 4 years now and even, As the time was being changed and venue, I was putting myself in Danger. When we are meeting someone we do not know we MUST be careful.
1. Be very careful of dating on line or Facebook or online Dating site etc.
2. Meet in a public place where you know you will feel comfortable
3. Make sure someone knows where you are going and who you are meeting (text us the details if you want to keep it private)
4. Appearance. Important to be comfortable, but do make an effort. Wear clothing appropriate to what you want from your date!
5. Try to make a first date earlier in the evening or during the day, when it is bright outside.
6. Recommend first date do not drink more than two alcoholic beverages. Keep your wits about you.
7. If driving, do not park in a quiet area.
8. Always respect yourself and others
Be yourself always…and Be Happy!
Hope this is of help and my condolences goes to all those who have missing family.
Sharon Kenny 0860711711 call me now